Creating a Generation of Safe Thinkers
What is the H.E.R.O.Program?
The H.E.R.O. Program is: Simple, Evidence-based and Comprehensive!
- Age-appropriate active shooter curriculum for grades K-12
- Non-threatening lesson plans based on grade-specific narratives and collaboration
- Learning resources for school, home, and special education
- All-staff professional development presented in-person or via facilitated video
- Optional continuing education credits issued by Brandman University
- Rubrics and training records included to lessen liability
- Schoolwide active shooter scenario guide provides contextual application of learned skills
- Student accessibility guide provides equity and access for all students
- All components updated annually and delivered digitally
Why be a H.E.R.O.?
The H.E.R.O. Program is specifically designed to teach K-12 students how to prevent and survive active shooter incidents with simple, easy-to-remember and truly effective strategies. Based on Empowerment Theory, the H.E.R.O. Program gives students the confidence to respond to any kind of violence, whether in school or at home. In today’s world, students face many threats including bullying, sexual predation, and abuse. The H.E.R.O. Program teaches students to overcome these situations by empowering them and instilling confidence in their own decision-making abilities.
Teach The Lessons
Lesson plans incorporate English Language Arts standards and include classroom discussions, narratives, journals, and physical activities to help students learn active shooter survivability concepts in a non-threatening manner. Upon completing five lessons, your school will earn its Safe Kids H.E.R.O. Designation.
Discover the Solution
For years, students have learned critical safety strategies in school. Fire and disaster drills have become commonplace, along with catchy safety phrases. Unfortunately, active shooter prevention and response has not been taught in the same manner. The H.E.R.O. Program fills this gap in safety education.
The H.E.R.O. Report
The H.E.R.O. Report is a monthly newsletter that summarizes active shooter incidents, safety ideas, and issues pertaining to child safety. The information provided is not intended to sensationalize school violence but rather is intended to analyze trends and stimulate thought.
Lake Forest, CA
San Clemente, CA
San Diego, CA
Long Beach, CA
Palm Springs, CA
San Juan Capistrano, CA
Pacific Palisades, CA
Desert Hot Springs, CA
Cathedral City, CA
Thousand Palms, CA
Rancho Mirage, CA
Newport Beach, CA
Costa Mesa, CA
Long Beach, CA
San Diego, CA
Green Valley, AZ
Litchfield Park, AZ
Las Vegas, NV
Let’s Save Our Kids!
Are you a Raptor customer?
Take advantage of a complimentary subscription for the H.E.R.O. Program for one school year!
Click below to get started:
Not a Raptor customer? Click HERE for more info.